Thursday, April 1, 2010

Little dumpload.

Impromptu Speech

Amy's topic was to tell a story that involved a fish, a helmet and John Travolta. What a story it was! I think it could have gone a hundred different ways, but the fact that Amy even acted it out was very sporting of her!

It was a little tough for her though, thanks to the too-short prep time of less than a minute once you get over the shock of your topic and finally get down to thinking. But all the same, I think she could have done better if she maybe popped a mentos and started creating a longer story. Maybe by involving several classmates too.

But anyway, good try, Amy!

Commencement Speech

I think Ann Nie's commencement speech was the most inspiring one. I could really feel her struggles and how much confidence she's gained and even though I barely know her, I couldn't help but feel so proud of her! Like wow! She's blossomed into one beautiful flower! ...or something like that lah, you get what I mean?

Her timing was really good too. All in all, it was really impressive! I certainly wish I could have done as well. =P GREAT JOB, GIRL!

How to improve? Maybe use more stage space? Walk around, be a bit more drama-rama with your gestures since you've got so much space onstage anyway? Not to sure. But I think it's important to not grasp the microphone with both your hands constantly. Ann Nie didn't do that per se, but still, it personally reminds me of a praying gesture, so cut down on that and gesture more.

On a side note, congratulations everyone on "graduating"!

-Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment