Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Brand Positioning: Caesar



I'm Caesar. Not Caesar the actor nor the emperor. I'm Caesar by heart, Caesar by the act. Therefore, I'm branding myself as Caesar.

This is not my speech draft, this is not a delusional blog post. This is all about who I am base on online and I'll dig a few secrets of mine.


First statement of impression: Arrogant.
† Ignorant is a bliss and yes, I believe in the quote yet many have stated me as an arrogant person. Why arrogant? Why not friendly? Because I tend to not talk to people who ask me questions that already been written down on my profile (Myspace.)

† Like for example, "What's your name?" "Where are you from?" or "How old are you?" - these questions I shan't reply because I've already stated on my page. And again, if they asked, I'd ignore and ignore till they send a last word saying "arrogant".

† Probably I sound rude but that's me. I don't reply to questions that you already know. And due to the year that I've started using Myspace, people labeled me as hot stuff, which in terms for Myspace is "famous and many friend requests". I do not accept that label like how a superstar labels herself as a diva.

I tend to keep my pages (Facebook & Myspace) private because I am a private person. I hide almost everything to not let people worry about me. And that's why every smile of mine hides a hidden agenda. And pictures I tend to take as ignorant as I can as that's how I am when I in front of cameras. I'm a camera shy person to be honest. But how does Caesar related to my personal profile?

William Shakespeare wrote a stack of poems titled Julius Caesar who got killed by Brutus before he could be crowned as king. The poem then successfully became famous in stage acting, which then came out the line of "Caesar must die! Caesar must die! Caesar must die!" in An Unfortunate Event. But to act as Caesar, one must know how to hide emotions but feels the emotions, plays the role very well and prevent from being stressed. Because acting on stage is way too different from acting in front of camera. You've to practice a lot of times to get the correct and perfect emotion for a character which brings emotions to audience. Therefore, I'm Caesar by act and heart because I can hide my real emotions but fake the truth (act).

Not only that, I take risks by any changes like curse, mocks and scolds as how I take hatemails openly and laugh. I do not reply back to hatemails because I see myself as people's first statement of impression - arrogant.

But then, I'm not as arrogant as you think. I have a face of a poker, what do you expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment