Thursday, November 11, 2010

Personal Branding Feedback [ Su Wern ]

It was the second last class for Presentation Skills. Accentuating the Personal Brand was the last and final speech we did for this class and for me, this assignment really allows us to know more about our own classmates, especially on stuffs that we never know about them.

Yes I do believe that everyone is unique because everyone is leading a different life. I remember there's a quote that sounds like this: "Everyone has something special in them. But not anyone can see their own beauty." For me, this assignment shouldn't be a problem to me. But one problem with me is that I always tend to over-complicated things. And being me, I tend to really think too much on things. But for me, I think this is the best speech I've given throughout the whole class. Well, at least I think so personally.

Because I really just throw my speech draft aside and spoke normally. At the moment I stepped in front of the class, and although I did have my cue cards with me at that time, I somehow feel that "nah, I am fine speaking as myself." I really have no idea how my speech turned out but the only thing I know is that when I spoke, I don't really feel nervous, and I don't really feel my mind being blanked out. I just speak my mind out, and yes, although I don't really know how it turned out.

It was just a risk I wanted to take and a challenge I wanted to give myself. I know this would be quite a big risk for me to take but after everything ended, I feel relieve as well as the satisfaction I can feel in me, was one type of feeling that I never felt before in any presentation I did previously in the same class. Like I mentioned in my speech, I just want to be responsible towards myself and avoid myself from regretting over things that I should do but did not do. And for me, I think I managed to accomplish that promise I've made towards myself through the way I decided to deliver my speech. Trust me, it was a total last minute decision.

At that moment, I only feel like "I'm talking about myself, right? No one should understand myself more than me myself." And poof!

Overall, I think everyone presented amazingly well :) In my opinion, everyone is special. Everyone who had the courage to stand up and expose a different self to everyone in the class is respectable and really, everyone deserves more than just a clap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment