Sunday, November 14, 2010

Personal Branding - Mindy

For this assignment, I'd branded myself as an FBI (Funny but Inspirational). :)
I'm not gonna bore you with my speech draft so here is a summary of the aspects I'd covered during my presentation:

Appearance - Fair skin (despite having to walk under the sun 7 days a week) and silky hair!
Personality - Outspoken and not afraid to make a fool out of myself for a good laugh :D
Competencies - Able to play a song by hearing it once or twice (cun anot!!) and have a good voice projection which has its advantage of capturing audience's attention (at this point Bobby nodded which meant it was agreeable la kay)
Differentiation - pretty much a harmonious person so will do great with co-workers when I work (unless someone crosses the line real far)

Reflection:
When branding yourself, you should twist your weakness into something positive rather than highlighting it. In this case, I made that mistake.

For example, I said this
"I am not a book smart person, but I am good in music"

Which is not advisable as I had already highlighted your weakness at the beginning. Remember that this is to accentuate your brand, your positive side, not to say 'oh I am good in this but that one I damn teruk la.'

So what I should've said is:
"Many people are smart in their own ways. As for me, it is none other than music itself"


THANKS


No comments:

Post a Comment