Friday, November 12, 2010

Personal Branding Speech


Good afternoon to Miss Cheryl and my fellow classmates. Today I will be talking about my personal brand which I’d like to refer to as a spectrum. So, what is a spectrum? Simply put, a spectrum is a rainbow of 7 colors which are red, orange, yellow, blue, green, indigo and purple. The more important question is why do I brand myself as a spectrum?
There is a very simple explanation to that, so, today I am going to tell you why I am a spectrum. My sense of style is very simple, but once in awhile I like to inject bold and fun colors into the things that I wear. I add in uniqueness through my accessories. I always keep it sweet and decent in terms of how I dress up. I put in effort to look my best on special occasions such as weddings, birthday parties and functions as a sign of respect for the host and the event that is being celebrated. But more importantly is the fact that I always have that splash of red at every point of time. Red is my color and my style. Whenever I need a boost of confidence or want to look extra good, it is my go-to color. Red makes up the first color in my spectrum.
When it comes to my personality, there are many parts of myself. Firstly, my online personality on social networking websites like Facebook. I am a very private person, I don’t reveal very much about myself. Like the indigo color in the rainbow, my online personality is shadowed. I don’t exchange many comments or post up a status regularly. However, when it comes to my pictures on Facebook, it portrays a more artistic side of me, one that is filled with spontaneity and fun.
Outside the virtual realm, I am very opinionated. I have a viewpoint towards almost everything in life. I take my own stand in life and I dictate my own beliefs. I am also able to conjure up many ideas and am inspired by many things because of my light bulb mind. With a click of a switch I can come up with new suggestions. I am very determined and hardworking as well. When I set my mind and heart into doing a specific task, I will ensure that I persevere until I complete the task. I work towards my goals by putting in the extra effort and hours needed. But at the same time, I have a very bubbly and enthusiastic character. The color orange is a symbol of all these qualities which is a combination of the happiness symbolized by yellow and the fiery determination of the color red.
I am different from others through 3 important qualities that I find are of much value to me whenever I find myself in situations that are difficult to overcome. My ability to balance my time between work and play as well as between family and friends is something that I find is somewhat exceptional. I am able to juggle my life well and to find that line of separation in most things that I do. I don’t take my anger or frustration towards an issue out on someone completely unrelated to it. I understand where to draw the line.
I am also very firm with my choices. No matter what decisions I make or what choices in life that I select, I am adamant to stick to it. I am not fickle minded, I know exactly what I want. When I have certain opinions about something, I will not waver about it without a strong and reasonable argument that proves otherwise. The last quality that sets me apart from others is my ability to listen. Most people can talk, but not everyone knows when is the time to swallow their words and listen to what someone has to say. When close friends of mine need a listening ear, I am ever ready to offer mine. My ability to balance, stay firm and listen can be symbolised by the color blue. I am just like the calm blue ocean waters that absorb all the sounds around it, that has tiny waves regular intervals and stays in its place, only spilling over in small portions.
I am talented in various different ways. I am creative in crafting words, artsy projects and small portions of designing. My creativity stems from the spectrum in which I view the world. My writings are flowery and full of colourful flair, so are the pictures that I take. I play the piano, and with every sound that the keys produce I paint a world of colors to immerse myself within. I always love to put in a lot vibrant colors into my work which represents the whole of the spectrum.  
For all of those reasons above, I brand myself as a spectrum of colors. This is because not only do I see the world in a colorful light, but because every aspect of my being is part of yet another color.

No comments:

Post a Comment