Saturday, March 6, 2010

Esther & Janice

Hey all! Crazy how fast a week just flies by us isn't it? I'm sitting here, going through the library of film reels in my head, each containing something that happened, events that took place, things that were said. I've finally found the section that has all our speeches on it and as I go through them, reel by reel, the ones that has the most impact are Esther's and Janice's.


Esther
I thought Esther carried herself very well. There was a little bit of everything in her speech; humour, information, persuasiveness. I like the way she wasn't really trying to change anyone's minds, rather just make them see things from a different perspective, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not was up to you. It was a risk but a risk that was worth it. The big 'ahh' moment was the twist in her speech. When she 1st said polygamy should be legalised I was thinking "Was she mental?!" But when I saw/heard the perspective in which she was speaking in, her points, there were absolutely brilliant! Genius really, she took all of us by surprise and that was really cool. It made me think "Crap she's good, I want to have that much response for my audience too." And that's definitely a good thing. I wished to have maybe seen her in more formal clothes and maybe spread around the room a little bit more but other than that, Good job Esther! And congratulations on the internship speech, you deserved it! ;)



Janice
Wow. I liked hers alot! Why? Well first off, she took a different approach. Rather than projecting her voice till China could probably hear her (which some of us do) she went for the quiet but confident approach; People paid attention to what she had to say. She stood in one place, paced slightly and didn't have her hands doing the macarena (which I do) and although she was dressed in semi-formal, she was still has a professional air about her. Her voice, her gestures, her dressing were smooth, quiet and steady. It made me feel very zen haha. I honestly don't remember her stuttering. Her topic was interesting and like Esther, she put a twist to it and I felt that was creative. A risk, but a risk that was worth it. I liked the fact that she took snippets from "The Art Of War" and admitted that she hasn't finished it. I LOVED her 'daughter sick' analogy which gave everyone a personal connection with the topic, especially the girls cause I think we all have dad's like that; control macho but such babies when we're not around lol. Good work Janice!

Now that I'm done watching these reels, I have to place them back in their respective shelves, close the doors to the library of my head and go out there to make new entries for the other countless film reels of memories. Make the most of the day guys! God bless and see you Tuesday!

Toodles,
Pauline

No comments:

Post a Comment