Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oral Test- 9 March 2010

I will be commenting on some of the speakers that have delivered their speech today.

Pui Mun
In my opinion, I think that she could've presented her speech better. One of the reasons being that there were many grammatical errors and wrong usage of certain words. As a suggestion, I think that Pui Mun could ask someone else to check her speech for grammatical errors before she takes to the floor. Besides that, I feel that as a presenter, she shouldn't have used vulgarities. I felt that using vulgarities during her speech had made the entire speech seem less serious/professional.

However, I did like the fact that she chose a topic that is not commonly discussed, which was to point out the dangers of being a beauty contestant. I have also realized that Pui Mun has the ability to stand in front of an audience and feel comfortable, I think that being able to do this is great and I believe that she can be a great presenter with the confidence and humour she posseses. With a little more practice she can do wonders. (:

Rachel
I was quite taken aback with Rachel's performance on the floor today. I have noticed that she has made a lot of improvements during this speech compared to the last few. For example, the flow of her speech and her hand gestures. However, there is still more room for improvement. Kudos on the progress!


Christin
All in all, I think Christin is a good presenter. She has he gestures and her movement under control and as a speaker, she has the ability to capture her audiences attention when she speaks. Although I'm not one for animal cruelty as a hobby to pass time, I felt that Christin's speech was more entertaining and shocking instead of being persuasive. I think the subject of her speech today went a little off topic. Yes, it did capture the audience's attention with it's gory details, but the objective of the speech we are to present is suppose to be about persuading the audience. ( Correct me if I am wrong)

So maybe in the future, remember to keep in mind the reason or objective of our speech. Don't worry, we all make those sort of mistakes sometimes. (:

PS: Please don't kill anymore frogs and cats! Haha.





Till then,
Jasmine Saw

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jasmine,

    Thanks for writing a review on my speech. Well my speech wasn't to persuade, but to entertain instead. Perhaps entertaining went wrong, but seeing the whole class went disgusted was pretty entertaining to me. HAHA!

    P.S, most parts of the story were made up (except for the frogs though)


    Christin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christin,

    Haha..yeah. You should have seen Ms Cheryls face.Hope she doesn't report you to SPCA or something. Pray hard! Maybe I should hire you and your bro to kill lizards in my house. :D HAHA!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. christin. u r so ganas wei

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete