Thursday, March 4, 2010

Leena's Persuasive speech

Persuasive speech -Leena

The final persuasive speech for Leena wasn’t as good as her mock. As her mock contained more facts why Adoptive children should not know their birth parents, she also related it to her own personal experience which I though really worked to persuade us as I could feel her emotions based on experience and her passion on the topic while she was talking.

However, in her finals she spoke more on the effects of being adopted and how your extended family members would treat you. I like the fact that she took the trouble to look at it from a different angel, however I felt it wasn’t persuasive enough that adopted children should not know their birth parents.

The example she gave does not apply for everyone as, some other peoples family members may not do the same thing as what her family members did. Although there is still a possibility. Her reason wasn’t strong enough to support her speech topic.

She could improve it by doing some research on other people who was adopted and how did they feel when they found out about it, this will help as a stronger support to her topic as it would not only be about her, she could use those experience and relate it to her personal experience.

Apart from the contain for her speech, I thought she spoke abit to fast, could be because she was nervous but I think that needs to be improved and she was abit aggressive while she was talking, could be because she is talking from her experience and she it was a sensitive issue. The positive side was, she spoke clear and fluent English and I could see her emotions while she was talking that made me believe in what she was saying.

All said and done, I think Leena did a great job for her mock and her finals could have been better.

Sharmila.R

2 comments:

  1. Indeed, Leena's Mock Speech was twisted. I admire her courage for opening up herself to us. Though it's not an easy thing to say, but Leena managed it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Leena is a very good presenter. She is very confident when she speaks which makes her speech very believable.

    She was very brave to share her personal experience in her speech which I think helps alot in her speech.

    Well done but can be better, thats why we're taking this class rite?

    Jacky Liang

    ReplyDelete