Monday, October 11, 2010

[Afiqah] Self-reflecting on persuasive speech

My speech was about 'Music Today: Not For Kids'.
Since half of the class went for the Star field trip, less tension build up in me but heck yeah, I was really nervous.
But the thought of kids listening to 'those' kind of songs definitely made me confident enough that what I was about to present it a serious matter.

Maybe I started a little slow, and I should cut the long (but seems short) pauses. I didn't get everyone attention at the beginning, so I should work on how to attract the audiences with working on my vocal projection and next time, try and pull people to listen.
Another thing is that, I should really work on which points that are important because the result of not narrowing down the 'most' important info, I fumbled at the 3 minute mark and jumbled up my words at the end.
Another thing I should work on is my dry humour. Turned out the attempt of being sarcastic with 'sticks' didn't work well during the presentation.

Over all, presentation was A-okay, content was up to par and I really should work on the mistakes I made in the presentation. :)

Thanks for listening to my speech! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment