Monday, October 4, 2010

Reflection of JiaXin's Persuasive Speech

Title of my persuasive speech is “Blog is not a place to earn money”. I was one of the first few who present first since we are going to be absent for the next class. (The Stars field trip)

So, after introducing my topic, I gave out point about how people misusing the blog to earn money right now. Following by facts of what a blog supposed to be and how it supposed to be used. In my case, I did not give any examples of people who misusing the blogs as I thought it might be offensive. Instead, I just said “certain bloggers”. If I gave out examples, it might even make my points stronger.

When I was speaking, I realize I was quite nervous and I spoke kinda fast. It’s a bad habit I guess. Voice projection was quite okay in my opinion as I’m loud and I pretty sure everyone heard it. Another thing I should change is the cue card. I find cue cards quite distracting so I put only the keywords of each point in one card only. It does help me but it would be even better if I can remember everything since I can’t really depend on the cue card. Reason I said I can’t depend on the cue card because it will make me lose focus.

Otherwise I think I’m fine. Oh, another thing is I must not be nervous since I looked quite nervous that day. Make sure to have more eye contacts with the audiences too.

No comments:

Post a Comment