Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Self-Reflection [ Su Wern ]

My topic was on Wikipedia: The Spread of Inaccurate Knowledge. I was against this argument and my speech's main objective was to persuade my target audience to use Wikipedia in a smart way instead of accusing it for spreading false information.

My target audience when I gave my speech was around 3 people. But I really appreciated them for listening to my speech :) Thanks! Anyhow, everything was going smooth for my speech. My first half of the speech was started off with according to the speech draft but the second half, I was merely doing spontaneous speaking because I realized it was kinda impossible for me to fit in everything in the next 2 minutes. So basically what I did was, I just focus on the major point of the topic. But personally, I think it went on alright.

Voice projection, I guess it was okay. But then again, it was in a small room, so of course everyone can hear me :) The part I need to improve will be my body language and my pronunciation. I tend to emphasize on certain words too much and it sounds weird. And I need to improve on my interaction with the audience. But then again, it's quite hard for my topic. This again, reminds me to chose a wiser topic next time :)

Personally, I am satisfied with my performance on that day. But it could be better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment