Monday, October 18, 2010

Interpretive Speech: Music of my life (Weng Loong)

Good afternoon everybody and thank you so much for attending my speech this great afternoon. 28 September 1989, “blrruuppp” here comes me and my mom told me, I was crying so loudly and my mom sang me a simple song called “My dear little weng loong” that my mom told me. This generally reflects my topic for my speech today and that is one of the reasons to let everybody know more on what music means to me in my life. As I explain just now, we hear out first music as our mothers hum smoothing lullabies to help us sleep and during the early school days, we learn nursery rhymes that are meant to help us in language skills and further learning about the world. Well, I feel that everything that contain in the music does deliver messages and at the same time provide entertainment medium to me. I listen to music every day, even the moment I start my car in the morning before going to out; there goes music, my mobile phone rings, even when I am watching my favorite movie does plays music in some part of the show. No matter what music is used for, I think music is a great art that I rely on it daily.

People use music for social interaction, games, learning, expression, and developing relationships. I realize every time I play techno songs or more to bassy songs and there goes the speed of the car. Increasing and increasing. I would speed up and drive fast than ever before along with the techno songs that I play during driving. Without music, life would not be challenging and fun. Even driving fast is dangerous but once a while, it’s a fun thing that everyone loves to do while driving their car. Music also helps me to relax my mind especially when I stress out with my life and college stuff. If that happens, I will just play any latest hits with my subwoofer loudly and from that way, I would feel better and what’s more interesting is sometimes I would get idea on the assignment I am doing. Music gives me great memories especially to the song I sang to my girl friend which is Glory Of Love - Peter Cetera.

Even it’s a classic song but it still in my mind every time I have fun time with her. Putting me aside, even my parents have lots of their very own music those ties down to their memories of being together for the time they met. I would say music is a powerful element that listen to it every day. Music also gives me to relax especially when I am tired and I play music every night just to get me sleep.

BUT WAIT…!!!! (To audience)

I want everybody to close your eyes and imagine “What If the world without music?”..what would happen if there is no music at the usual club/bar you chill at? I would say the world will be quiet and what we only hear is strange noises and human voice………..

ALLRIGHT….NOW….OPEN YOUR EYE….(To Audience)

(a music was playing earlier stop at the same time)

There it goes, keep the imaginary you gone through just now and I only can point out that Music is everybody’s life, is like our heart, without it, we won’t grow further and , I love music, so does everybody, because gives me motivation on everything I do in my life. Without music, I won’t be able to stand on this wonderful afternoon to talk with everybody because; the world will be quiet and no meaning. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment