Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weng Loong's Speech Reflection

My Speech Reflecting

First of all, my title of the speech is Hollywood movies changes society lifestyle and the reason this topic is chosen because I feel that whatever we do these days are generally being influence by the media (movies) mainly I would say. During the presentation, I think can do much better from the day I presented infornt of everybody. After waiting about 5-6 people presented, I decided to go ahead and give my speech. Firstly, I start on with the introduction about my topic and generally give the whole idea what is my topic all about and most importantly, I explain the reason for choosing this topic to be one of my speech for presentation skills. Right after all the explanation given to the audience, I then proceed to by telling the reason I agreed that Hollywood movies changes the society lifestyle to the audience and that is where the part I told the audience that if they think its not, then there are wrong because the speech will prove everything. Later on, proceed with the examples of past movies and current movies to support my content so that audience will trust my word. Then later on, I related it to the Theory which is Magic Bullet Theory to prove that it actually will influence the audience in long period of time by watching movies. From here, audience will generally slightly agree and trust that everything I said is true. Last but not least, ending up with the quote to support the whole speech before closing up. Overall, I think, its quite all right but the problem comes when every time there is presentation, I will be nervous and miss out a lots of point that plan to say. I guess, I need to change the way of presenting according to Miss Cheryl, she said that, I always walk non stop without following the pace of the speech and this will distracts the audience and to some point the audience will get lost on my speech.. other than that, content, usage of terms, eye contact is good.....…. Anyway…hopefully there will be some improvement on next presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment