Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My persuasive speech - Sarah Ho

The topic of my persuasive speech is Stop Texting While Driving. To be honest, I was really nervous when my name was called, I wasn't really expecting it but I was confident and prepared enough so I did my best. Presentations were never my cup of tea. Anyway, I continued with my speech when it was time. I forgot half of my speech and I feel like my message that I wanted to send out to my audience did not get through enough. I never really noticed that my gestures, body language and my eye contact was so bad until I got my marks and I shall not reveal what I got but actually I was a bit shocked because I practised my gestures and all plus my whole speech the night before. So, maybe I thought I could have gotten a little higher for the marks. Something that I would do next time is to play around with my facial expressions and my body gestures more and also let my voice out more so that everyone could hear properly and the comment that I got was to add more drama. I have no idea how to add more drama because I am not a drama kinda person. So, if I put more drama, I am sort of like, not being myself. Maybe I could but I think it will take practices. I am sure sooner or later, I would get the hang of things and just need more practise! I did use cue cards for my speech, I think I need it because even though I have practise over and over again, when I get in front, my mind will surely be blank. I should also add some jokes in my speech so that it i will entertain people and not let them fall asleep. Lastly, I think overall, I actualy did improve compared to the other times I did presentations and I should just keep practising more because practise makes pefect! Thanks Miss Cheryl for the comments. I know now what is my mistakes and I will learn from it to improve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment