Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reflection of Speech (HAN EN)

When it was my turn to present on my persuasive speech, I can't deny that I felt extremely nervous. I couldn't control my fear especially when I saw everyone's attention is focused on me. I was mainly worried because I am not confident to speak in front of a number of people as I am afraid of being judged by them (being judged by the way i look, the way i present my speech, my grammar, etc.). While I was presenting I felt myself trembling, but I suppressed my fear and was hoping to carry out the speech well. However, I think that I failed to do so due to nervousness I kept forgetting on what to talk about and I had to refer to my cue cards for many times. I even skipped a few main points I was supposed to say in hoping to end the speech fast. After the speech, I felt bad and regret for not being able to present my speech well enough. I hope I will get to overcome my fear soon so that I will be confident enough to perform well in the coming presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment