Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reviews on Persuasive Speech M3 [Su Wern]

Oops, sorry this is a bit late. Here's my review for my classmates' persuasive speech presentation :)

  • Kiru - Kiru's speech was about e-learning. Overall, I think he did a pretty good job in conveying the content of his speech. The language he uses is easy to understand and straight to the point. As usual, Kiru manages to grab the audience's attention through his tone when he present the speech, as well as his emotions. Not many people can do that. When Kiru presented his speech, he seemed really immersed in his speech. His seriousness in presenting the content, in my opinion, is the main factor to allow him to be able to persuade his audience, which is the main goal of the speech. He has his nervous moments but he overcame it pretty well. He does not lose his way and he got back to track very fast. I think that's pretty amusing :) Way to go!
  • Sarene - Sarene's speech is about turning Mandarin into the future international language. Perhaps she was a bit nervous during she presented her speech, her tone of voice was a bit slow and it made the audience hard to follow or listen to what she said. However, it was a good attempt in trying to convey all the content in the short 5 minutes. I personally think that memorization of speech should be avoided, because it prevents you to speak in a better and smoother flow :) But it was a good attempt for Sarene to carry on with the speech although she got nervous in-between her presentation. Gambatte! :D
  • Chea - Chea's speech was about the effects of cartoons on children attitudes. Personally, I think she has a good introduction. Using the question intro, she managed to get the audience into mood and grabbed their attention. Her speech is personalized in a way that she relates the content with her own personal experience as well as with the audiences. I think that was a really good attempt because personalization always works well in grabbing the audiences' attention and Chea managed to do the trick :) Besides, it was another good attempt of her by presenting her research and the hard copy of articles because facts and findings are always solid and good in convincing people. Especially in persuasive speech, I think that she had did a great job :)
  • Su Ann - Su Ann was talking about relating eating disorders to media. Personally, I really like the way she speaks because her tone of voice is clear and convincing. Although she seems a bit reluctant before the speech, her whole personality once she stepped in front of the audience changed. She really looked confident when she spoke in front of the audience and that is one step closer in making the audience to listen to her. She has a strong persuasive statement at the end of her speech, which not only personalized her speech content but also making people to relate the content back to themselves which made her statement more believable.
These are the few speeches that got stuck in my mind :) For my speech, I personally think that I do not have enough time to present all the information I had. During my presentation, instead of using the cue cards, I presented by speech mostly on going with the flow. I think my speech should be more personalized but it was also because of the topic I've chosen that made to have limitations in doing so. Personally, I think I should organize my speech in a neater way the next time I give my speech :)

No comments:

Post a Comment