Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reflection of My Presentation

One thing that I did not manage to overcome is my fright and nervous whenever I present. It seemed so easy to finish my 3 minutes speech when I rehearsed it myself with only 1 friend as my audience but when the real thing comes, it felt like forever when the clock was ticking. It was difficult to do it in front of all the rests of them especially when I know that they are better speakers and presenters than I am. 

I did not have any confidence before my name was called. Red face, cold hands and a pounding heart. I wasn't really well prepared but if I have to rate myself out of 10, I'll give myself a 6. Although there were times when I stopped for a moment when my mind went completely blank but, I did manage to say everything I want to say without missing out any of my points. 

Lack of confidence, best describes what I felt when I was presenting. My throat were so dry and from what I heard from my friend, they could even hear me gulping my saliva. I thought I could do better and I have to overcome my fear. 


Practice makes perfect.


Vivian.

No comments:

Post a Comment