Wednesday, September 29, 2010

my speech for that day. Woohoo~~~

Good Afternoon to Miss Cherly and fellow classmates, today I would like to present a speech and title with “Nowadays, Parents should speak English to Children”. Why I say that nowadays parents should speak English to children, because as everyone knows that English is an international language of diplomacy, business, science, technology, banking, computing, medicine, engineering, and tourism in the world. Most of the countries will provide the English education to everyone as English is useful in the whole world.

Furthermore, why I say that parents speak English to children is important? Firstly, it is because like what I said previously, English is an international language. Other than, it is an international language, it also because good for their children in future such as in education, career and communicate with everyone in the whole world. Why is important to their education, as you can see that after finished our secondary school life, whenever you going to which colleges or universities and mostly of them will using English to teach all the syllabus. For who are using Mandarin, Cantonese or other languages except English will not that easier to adapt to using English in teaching. Just like me, I’m speaking Mandarin with family. So, sometimes I feel a bit difficult to understand what my lecturer talking about. Other than that, in my writing and speaking I always use the incorrect grammar. I know I can improve it by myself by read and watch more English books, blogs, newspaper and videos. But, if I using English in my life since when I was young, I think I will not facing the problems much as like now. By the way, I’m not blaming my parents, just what I want to say is nowadays most of the parents are having high education although for some are do not have high education, at least they will know how to speak a bit English. Some parents will say that they don’t know how to speak English but they still can learn as now a lot of tuition centre provide those English course to everyone. I just want to advice those parents nowadays using English to their children as good for their future.

Secondly, it is also good for their career in the future. Nowadays, what job we are working must at least know some Basic English although just is a salesgirl or normal stall. So, for who work in those big companies using English too as it useful in their business. Most of the people nowadays are using English to communicate with each others. As you know, just like we going to shopping whenever we ask the salesman or salesgirl about question, at first we will using English to ask them question. Unless, some of them don’t know how to speak then only we change to others language.

Other than that, according to my survey majority of them agree with the statement talking English to their children in the future as they think that it is easier to them to communicate with others in education, career, and when go to others country. Just minority of them are not agreeing with the statement as they think that they should let their children know about their mother tongue. Yes, we have to let them know about their mother tongue. But it also have the way to let them remember, you can remind and talking about their mother tongue in once of time.

In my conclusion, I still will advice the parents nowadays should speak English to their children as what I said just now English is an international language. It is also easier to them in studies and careers in future.

That’s all for my speech today, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment