Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Self reflection -Raj-

Haha my speech reflection, before i start i would like to thank ms.Cheryl for coming up with an idea of own speech reflection because i get to say how i did in my presentation rather then complaining  and  mumbling to to myself. Honestly after did the presentation i felt so bad and i felt like it was this speech is going to fail me. I think the speech i prepared was persuasive but the way i presented was totally out of my context. I din expect  my self to do so bad, and it was my worst presentation ever. The reasons behind my failure of persuading the audience is 1st lack of presentation skills, 2nd pressure by seeing others doing so well, 3rd running out points, 4rd is creating a cue cards for myself. Im sorry to say but cue cards are not meant for people like me, as i would like to speak or present spontaneously. Im used to presenting spontaneously and not focusing on supporting materials like paper, picture or cue cards. I figured this out in my persuasive speech, i tried using cue cards because i simply wanted to try how it is like to use it while giving a speech. Over confidence was another main factor which caused failure of persuading, when everyone was giving speech i was like i can do like them and i might do better. I was telling myself  " haha your RAJ la u can do dont worry " and afta the speech i told myself do not assume all the time. Honestly i felt so sucky after the speech, im very sure that after this, ill never ever repeat the same mistake and do 10 times better. The topic i choose was also not so strong to persuade my target audience so i guess choosing a right topic plays a big role too.
The next time i stand infront of my audience, im very sure the same mistake will not be repeated. Im going to be well prepared and no more cue cards cards, over confidence is a big no anymore. Thank you so much ms. Cheryl and ill make you proud in my next speech and be a good speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment