Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Reflections

The title of my speech plays a big role talking about short forms used in messages. "Short forms, friend or foe?" This title says it all! What do people think about short forms? Different individuals have their different opinions.

First of all, I thought that I could have done better if I'm much more prepared and like what Miss Cheryl told me, more practices! These factors can lead me to a better speech. There are a few things I regret not doing in my speeches; for example, I've prepared lots of different examples but I was restraint by time limit, my time management definitely went off!

Besides that, I could have prepared a better content and did more research but I was convinced myself that my content was quite strong but getting to look at the marking criteria proves me wrong.

Basically there are a lot of things to be improved on, my confidence, my content of the speech, my body language, my gestures and a few more stupid mistakes. These are the common mistakes that I should keep in mind and restraint myself from doing it again.

Other than that, I've learnt a few new skills and things to prepare in my speech. Thina's and Jason's speech somehow inspires me. Thina's energy and Jason's picture presentation, they're both kinda cool and I will definitely do that in my coming speeches.

Overall, I think that presentation skills class is helping me improve in my speech day by day. More and more to learn in future class and definitely more experience to be gained.

Adrian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment